Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bath time!

I've mentioned before how much Jacob loves his bath time, but for the past few days he had been fussing in his bath and we weren't sure what was wrong. We had chalked it up to him being tired and all too ready to go to bed.
Last night I got an early start on his bedtime routine, and he was doing really good! I put him in his bath tub and let him sit up for a little bit. We've been letting him practice sitting on his own for a few weeks now at least, but he hasn't been very good at balancing for long, but last night he was sitting up really well! Jacob balanced himself with an arm on the side of the tub and sat there looking around for a little while. When I went to lay him down and get started washing him he started fussing, just like he had the previous nights. I knew he wasn't that tired, he had just had a nap. So I sat him back up again and he was fine. Our little man has decided that he's big enough to spend his whole bath time sitting up on his own. No more laying back on a sling to keep his head out of the water!

Jacob was so proud of himself we had to take a few pictures. I can't believe how fast he's growing up!

Happy again once I figured out he just wanted to sit up.


He spent most of bath time splashing!

2 comments:

  1. It's so funny the little things that upset them that are so simple once they figure it out! he's so cute being a big boy sitting up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny! I'm just glad it didn't take us any longer than a few days to figure out why he was getting upset.

      Delete