Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Shared happiness

So I went shopping with Mom this evening. She always has such a great attitude no matter what is happening or may be going wrong. She's so cheerful and bubbly! It's a joy to be around her. She had on a headband with a plush santa and reindeer on it. It was great to see people smile as she walked past humming Christmas tunes, her little Santa and reindeer bobbing in time with her steps. One man stopped and told her how much he liked her headband. The whole evening was like that. Excitement over novelty erasers and sparkly ribbon at the dollar store, clapping when she found the perfect gift, insisting on carrying her own bags. It made me want to be like that! To be able to make people smile and brighten up the room just by coming in. I'm so blessed to have the mother-in-law that I do!!   

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got a great mother-in-law! She is a special lady, and it's wonderful for me to know that you got to spend some time with her. It sounds like you had a lot of fun!

    You're pretty fun to shop with too. :D

    ReplyDelete