Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Christmas post!

It's one of my favorite times of year! I love the Christmas season. I love the family get togethers, the traditions, the seasonal drinks (egg nog, peppermint mochas, flavored coffee..can you say "Mmmm!"?) the excitement and joy of gift giving. So, I started the end of November coming up with ideas for gifts I could make. Being in the last stages of pregnancy I needed something that would keep me busy without being too physically taxing. Also, I love homemade gifts! For me its the idea of putting extra time and thought into finding and making something I think the intended recipient would really love or enjoy that makes them better. So, here are a few pictures of what I came up with and have gotten done. A couple of these are for younger sisters so "shhh" don't tell them!

I made this wreath for Mom. She wanted one for the ranch house.

"Bath time sundae" Bath salts, loofa, and cherry lip gloss

Rather self-explanatory
Cocoa stirrer. Marshmallow, chocolate, sprinkles.

Cocoa stirrer with candy cane for a peppermint cocoa

Homemade cocoa mix

More cocoa!
I've had so much fun putting all these together! And I liked the wreath so much I bought the supplies to make one for the apartment door.

What have you been busy with this holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment