Monday, November 14, 2011

My pregnancy advice to me.

Does anyone else talk to themselves? If not I might just end up sounding crazy by making this public, but here goes: I talk to myself. I tend to give myself mini pep talks, or give myself advice, or carry on plain ol' conversations with myself.

 Over the past few months I have had plenty of advice and/or thoughts on pregnancy. Some of it just being things that I have learned, some of it is things I wish I had figured out sooner, some things that I had decided before I ever got pregnant, and others are maybe a bit sarcastic.

~ Take it one day at a time.
~ Stop worrying so much.
~ You already knew that pregnancy could have side effects like nausea, backaches, and tiredness. You don't need to whine about it because people will likely think one of 3 things
    1) "She knew what causes pregnancy. It's her own fault she's dealing with it."
    2) "That much whining makes it seem like she doesn't realize what a blessing her baby is. She should be a lot happier about being pregnant"
 or 3) "Drama queen."
~ You may have friends who have experienced the loss of a child or are trying to get pregnant, so it would be more considerate of you to not have constant updates on facebook about your cravings, baby movements, funny little pregnancy quotes, etc.
~ Eventually you will adjust to not being able to sleep on your tummy...eventually.
~ Pretty much anything unusual that your body does during this time is normal for pregnancy.
~ "When baby moves you'll just know that's what it is." isn't always correct, so don't stay up all night crying and worrying because you don't know for sure. The little flutterings are, in fact, the baby.
~ Really, don't worry so much.
~ Don't focus on the numbers on the scale, you've had enough problems with that in the past. If the doctor says you're doing okay, you're all good. Just make sure you and your baby are getting the nutrients and vitamins you need. You can't have a
big mac
                                                                           or
cheese danish
for every meal!

~ Enjoy being pregnant, it does start to seem like it's going by really fast!
~ Just because you can still see your toes at 33 weeks doesn't mean you can do everything you did before getting pregnant. It's okay to take it easy every now and then.
~ When you are pregnant the fact that hubby wants a bowl of cereal could be considered a legitimate excuse for crying...but that doesn't mean you won't feel like a complete idiot later for doing so.
~ I know you love seeing and feeling the baby move, but that doesn't mean everyone else wants to be told about it or encouraged to watch for it every time.
~ Make sure the daddy feels involved, but make sure he wants to know every little detail and possibility before you overload the poor guy. (Disclaimer: My hubby has been amazing and wonderful, and though I have asked to be sure I'm not giving him info overload or bugging him by always talking about our baby, he has not once been upset or frustrated at me for my seemingly one track mind)
~ Make sure you still let your hubby know that he is also very important and special to you, and that you appreciate all the little ways he helps and spoils you. (Like that midnight run for cherry 7up, or the back massage when you forgot that you have physical limitations...)
~ I know that none of your normal clothes fit (even the elastic waistbands!) and you are already waddling when you walk, but that doesn't mean you don't look beautiful.
~ Your tummy will never be that perfectly round little tummy you've seen in pictures. By the time baby is big enough for you to look pregnant, s/he is also big enough to stick their bum out in one spot and cause you to be lopsided.
~ One more time - don't worry so much, enjoy your pregnancy!!

I think that's pretty much all for now. Do you have anything to add? What's your favorite pregnancy advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment