Thursday, December 6, 2012

Jacob 11 months

My sweet little man is almost a year old!


On Monday Jacob was weighed and measured. My little peanut is now 18lbs 5oz, and 27 and 3/8 inches tall. He is still in the 1st percentile for height, but his weight went from 3rd percentile, to 12th! I think that having eased him into drinking some whole cow's milk has helped him gain a little weight.

Jacob wears quite a variety of different clothing sizes. He wears 6-9 month pants, 6-12 month onesies, and 12 month pajamas. He is still swimming in size 3 disposable diapers though.

Jacob eats very well, despite the fact that he has started to hate most purees. He does really good eating most normal foods, even though he only has two bottom teeth. He particularly loves eggs and breakfast sausage, dinner rolls, ramen noodles, and stuffing. He had his first grilled cheese sandwich the other day as well, and seemed to enjoy it! As I mentioned before, he drinks milk now too, usually a few ounces with each meal.

After his second haircut. I cannot believe how fast his hair grows!


As for new "tricks", Jacob has learned a lot this month. He blows in his whistle now...which mean he can also blow bubbles in his milk. He makes kissy noises, loves to point at things and be told what they are, and he has started walking! It is so cute to see him toddle his way across the livingroom, and he is so proud if himself. Jacob also knows how to open the toilet lid, pull on the toilet paper, and flush the toilet! Alex and I joke that now he just needs to learn how to tell us when he has to go potty.


Obedience is something that is very important to Alex and I, so we started early on with training Jacob to listen. He understands -and most of the time listens to- "No", and "Come here". We're very proud of him! It has made having a Christmas tree in our livingroom a lot easier than it would have been with a less compliant child. We still have to remind him not to touch it, but it's not a constant thing.

Sleep. Sleep is and has consistently been my biggest struggle as Jacob's mommy. He is just a sleep fighter through and through. I can do everything by the book and he still wakes up 2-8 times a night. We haven't given up though! We're slowly weaning him off of being nursed as often, and no more nighttime pacifier. He has actually started to do a bit better the past week or so, so I'm hopeful.

With each month that passes, and each milestone learned I'm more and more amazed at what a bright, happy, responsive little man we have been blessed with. Jacob is constantly bringing Alex and I joy and making us laugh in delight. I don't know where he got his big personality from, but I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment