Monday, July 11, 2011

A little bit of everything.

So this weekend Alex and I went rafting with some friends. Last year I got a third degree burn from the sun, so we made sure I slathered sunscreen on. Apparently I didn't get enough though, I have one bright red stripe on my back, and my left knee got burnt. I guess I have very sensitive skin. The trip was fun though! I got tired out pretty fast and didn't do much rowing, I was also ravenously hungry and ended up going through one set of rapids rowing with all my might...while holding an apple in my mouth. I think the most heart stopping moment of the whole day was after we had gone through the last set of rapids, I looked behind me for Alex -who was in a single person kayak- and saw his kayak upside down! It was the longest few seconds I have ever experienced before his head popped up into view. He was just fine though, and was able to save everything that was in the kayak except for his glasses and a t-shirt.
The river we were on...not my picture

Have you ever heard of BCGs? (Boot camp glasses, aka birth control glasses) If not you should find a google image of them...because that's what Alex has had to wear the past two days. Somehow he makes them look rather trendy though! Tomorrow our goal is to have his eyes checked and get some new glasses ordered.

The other day I saw a commercial for the new lysol hands-free soap dispenser, and it kind of made me wonder: What's the point? In the commercial they show a girl sneeze and then she just puts her hand under the soap dispenser before washing her hands. I get that the idea is that you're spreading less germs...but on a soap dispenser? Even if she sneezed and then pumped her own soap, the next person to use the pump (and therefore touch her germs from the sneeze) would still wash them off with the soap in a matter of seconds, right? Maybe I'm just over thinking it.

Another thing that kind of made me laugh lately is that my facebook keeps having ads on the side that say "Need a pegnancy test?" or "Sexually active?". Gee facebook, did you miss the pregnancy announcement?

That's all for tonight. I'm still just trying to get back into the habit of writing more often. Hope all of my readers are having a wonderful summer!

1 comment: