Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Such a miracle!

This morning I was just waking up when it felt like the side of my tummy jumped a little bit. I'm sure it's probably normal for pregnant women, but it seems I am always wondering how Berry is doing, if s/he is growing properly, if everything is going well, etc. I personally think it's what causes the affliction of "baby brain". Anyway, I wanted to know if what I felt was Berry moving, so when my mom called me this morning I thought it was the perfect opportunity. After all-she has had 8 children! When I asked her she said that at first it would just feel rather like a gas bubble, but as baby gets bigger I will be more and more certain what it is. Now maybe I'm the only person to have this problem...but I'm not at all certain what "like a gas bubble" would feel like. So I texted my sister, since her baby is just over 6 months old I assumed she may have a different description. She told me that it may feel more like a muscle twitch at first. When I described what I had felt she said it sounded pretty certain it was my precious baby moving. She added that I shouldn't worry if I don't feel it again for a few days at a time. There is still plenty of room for Berry to bounce around without bumping me.

Alex surprised me by having switched classes at school, and he got home almost 2 hours early! We spent a wonderful evening together and around 9pm when a thunderstorm started, we went outside to sit on our front stoop to watch it. Thunderstorms awe me. Such a display of power and beauty! While we were sitting there I felt my tummy jumping around again, so I leaned over to Alex and told him "I think Berry is moving again! I don't think you would be able to feel it from the outside yet though." So Alex out his hand on my tummy and said "It feels like something is tapping on my hand!!" It was such an amazing moment. At this point in my pregnancy I sometimes barely even feel pregnant, and to have that experience..and for Alex to be able to share in it too. I just felt so overwhelmed, so very blessed.

Tomorrow marks week 16. In a matter of 8 Weeks Berry has gone from the size of a raspberry, to somewhere between the size of an orange and an avocado.



I haven't really been having a consistent craving...except coffee, which I haven't been drinking for almost 10 months now, so I keep resisting that one. I wanted a cherry turnover earlier this week, and ice cold coke has really kept me from avoiding soda as much as I was planning to. I think I have actually started to gain weight, I get hungry a lot more often than I had been.
I still seem to be growing slowly, though not as much as I expected. I think my bump is bigger than average by this point though. It has become a bit of an ordeal to get myself out of bed in the mornings. It'll probably become quite amusing once I get even bigger. I have finally started to get used to sleeping on my sides rather than my tummy -a huge struggle the first month.

That's all I can think of for now!

1 comment:

  1. yay for a berry update! :D
    This is so much fun to read!

    ReplyDelete