Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A drastic change! And answering a few other questions that came up.

I had been thinking about cutting my hair again, but I kept changing my mind. I very much like having long hair, but I dislike trying to figure out how to style it. I love how feminine and pretty long hair makes me feel, I dislike how sloppy I feel every time I just throw it into a ponytail again, and how warm it is in the summer when it's just sitting on my neck.

Here is my hair before (and my nine week baby belly)

So today I made a decision, kind of on a whim, and got my hair cut. The change is rather drastic! I was quite pleased that my hair was long enough to donate 10 inches to Locks of Love. I like my new hairstyle, though it will take some getting used to. It feels like I have no hair!

Also, after my last post I had someone ask me why we call the baby Berry. So here's the reason: When I found out I was pregnant it was thought that I was seven weeks along. At that stage the baby is the size of a blueberry, and at eight weeks, the size of a raspberry. So Alex and I referred to baby as "Berry". Two weeks later when we found out that I was actually at eight weeks then the nickname stuck. And so, until little Berry is born and we find out who s/he is...Berry it will remain :)

Which leads me to the other question: Are the baby names a secret? No, they aren't. Not too long after we were married Alex and I had the names Jacob Ezra and Lydia Renee picked out. Which gives us one less thing to get done before Berry comes.

So tell me, have I missed any questions that you want answered?

2 comments:

  1. aw i am So happy for you and i love the names! and i love your new hair cut!!! you're lucky that you look good with short or long hair! I miss you SO much!!! <3 melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks Melissa! I miss you too! Wish you could come visit!

    ReplyDelete