Monday, May 30, 2011

Creepy crawlies

 Yesterday Alex stopped the car as we were driving to a friends house and picked a small bunch of lilacs for me. He knows how much I love the smell of fresh lilac. When he got back in the car and handed me the stem I noticed a tiny spider hanging off of it. I shuddered and very quickly handed the flowers back to him.

"Get it off please! I hate spiders!"

Alex knocked the spider and it's thread off of the flower outside the car and then handed the bunch back to me. I gingerly grabbed it and was very slowly bringing it closer to smell it when I saw another spider! This one was a big white one sitting on top of the bouquet. I practically threw the lilacs back at Alex I was in such a hurry to get rid of them.

"I don't think I can keep them, Alex! It's just too nasty" *paused to shudder* "There were two of them! Maybe there's another one on there!" *shudders again*  "Thank you so much for the sweet gesture, but I can't keep them"

So Alex tossed the flowers onto the windshield and we watched them fly into the air as we started driving again. I love my husband, but I can't accept his spider infested flowers ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment