Monday, May 2, 2011

Contentment

So I want to ask you something. What do you base your happiness on? People? Money? Keeping up with the latest trends? School grades?

 Yesterday I was reminded of something very important: my happiness should be based solely on my Savior and what He has done for me. All the other things I have are blessings, something extra, things I don't deserve. I had been losing sight of what is actually important these past few days and Alex had to remind me. I was being so self-absorbed and becoming discontent, wanting things to change, wanting to control things I can't, worrying needlessly, etc. I am so grateful to have such a wise husband, one who is willing to tell me when I am being foolish!

Rejoice in the LORD, you who are righteous, and praise his holy name. 
Psalm 97:12 (NIV)


Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content. 
Phillippians 4:11 (NKJV)

Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." 
Hebrews 13:5 (NKJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment