Saturday, May 14, 2011

Why should I worry?

 I have a tendency to worry, especially lately when there are things I want to go just so, even though I have no control over them. I have found myself clinging to these verses:
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;  and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7 (NKJV)


They have been just the reminder I need that I don't need to worry about things that I can't control. I need to take my worry to God and trust Him to do what is best for me. Why should I worry when The One who knows me better than I could know myself is taking care of me?

3 comments:

  1. Amen! Worrying is such a struggle. It's the weakness that comes with the strength of caring. *huge hugs!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad yer learning this now b4 He has to take u thru years of increasingly difficult experiences til ya finally get it. It "only" took me about 49 years to figger out. Luvya'll.

    ReplyDelete