Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Memories.

 My husband spoils me sometimes...okay, pretty much all the time! I really don't know how I can ever be good enough for my wonderful man...but that's not what I was planning on writing about.

This evening I wasn't really hungry, I didn't want to cook anything, and I just wanted some french fries and a chocolate frosty from Wendy's. (It seems strange to have to specify a chocolate frosty...things certainly do change with time!) So, my dear man took me to Wendy's and got me just that. I told Alex that the combination of frosty and fries always brings back a memory from quite a few years ago. My older sisters and I were part of a play at a community playhouse, and after the show ended one evening our dad came to pick us up. We hadn't had dinner yet so he took us through Wendy's drive thru. I remember he ordered medium frosties, a small fry, and an original chicken sandwich. The lady who was working  the drive thru turned on her speaker and said "I'm sorry, my headset wasn't working and I didn't catch any of that. Would you repeat your order please?" So my dad ordered large frosties, 2 medium fries, and a spicy chicken sandwich. All of us girls thought it was so funny that he had changed his order on every single item.

I don't know, it might not sound like such an amazing memory written down in such a way, but it was a good time, we were all laughing a lot that night on the drive home. I distinctly remember how happy I felt and the memory brings a smile to my face.

Now look at us, all grown up, but still laughing together!

2 comments:

  1. I remember that night. One of my fondest memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that! :D Such fun! Glad you got your french fries and frosty. (It is really weird to have to specify chocolate frosty)

    ReplyDelete