Saturday, April 23, 2011

Doctor visit!

  I don't exactly enjoy having to go to the doctor, but by the time I went to bed Wednesday night I was in tears because the back of my head and neck hurt so bad, and the tender/bruised feeling had spread to the side of my head above my ear. Alex and I figured that the best decision would be to get it checked out. So, we went to the nearby immediate care today, and I was in to see a doctor in a very short time. He walked in the room with my file and the first thing he said was: "I'm a bit boggled." (at least I think that's the word he used) "I've never really heard of a case where the pain was at the back of the head like that. We'll get it figured out for you though."  After checking my eyes, ears, and throat he then asked for me to show him the exact spots that I was experiencing pain. After checking for swelling and asking a few more questions the doctor made his diagnosis: I have a swollen lymph node, a sprained neck, and I still have fluid in my ears from a terrible sinus/ear infection I had a year ago! So I left the office with three prescriptions and the promise that if I didn't see an improvement, or if things get worse over the next five days, I get to go back in and get re-evaluated without having to pay for the office visit. Ahh, what a crazy few days it has been.

 I have spent the last few hours talking with my dad on facebook, which I very much enjoyed :) But now I am very sleepy and think I will head to bed.

I hope you get to sleep in Dad, Sorry I kept you awake so late!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got in to the doc! Hopefully at least some of the meds will help you. :P I think that's super cool of them to give you a free visit if you don't get better, but REALLY hope you don't need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, i hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curious as to what a chiropractor would say...

    Anyway, I truly enjoyed the chat we had last night and, yes, I got to sleep in. I got up about a half-hour ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Thanks Heidi! So far my head has been feeling much better today, I hardly notice that it hurts except when there is pressure on it. I've only taken one of the painkillers so far today. however, the Prednisone is making me hyper and I have a lot of nervous energy..and I've been talking non-stop, haha.

    Thanks Erin! I'm starting to feel better already :)

    Hmm, someone else mentioned a chiropracter, what do they do? I'm glad you got to sleep in!

    I love you all!♥

    ReplyDelete