Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"No need to let me know.."

 I had to laugh today. Alex and I went to visit our landlord and get the lease changed, and he is a very talkative older man with a great sense of humor. We got everything taken care of in a few minutes but stood on his porch talking for another five minutes or more about the weather, our neighbors, neighborhood robbers who had just been arrested, then Alex and I got in the car to leave. As Alex was backing up to pull out the landlord stopped him and had him roll his window down. He leaned down so he could see both of us and said (with his thick accent) "I know that the lease says you can have two people living in your apartment, but if you plan to have a third join you, that's fine...if you know what I mean. No need to let me know if that happens."
I think it was sweet of him to make sure he let us know it wouldn't be a problem, hehe.

2 comments: