Sunday, April 17, 2011

Satisfaction.

Today I was in a baking/cooking mood. I made a batch of mint sundae brownies to share with everyone during Bible study tomorrow. It smelled really yummy, so I hope they taste good! It's been fun trying out new recipes. Then I had three steaks left in the fridge that needed to be used up, so I made a marinade from a recipe for Asian steaks. I put together a green salad and planned on having French bread with it all. I was talking to my good friend Laura and asked her if she thought the menu needed anything else. She suggested some sort of glazed carrots. I thought it was an awesome idea, but wasn't sure if I wanted to try another new thing tonight. I decided to go ahead and give it a shot, and was happy to see that it should only take a few extra minutes! So, I had some sauce for the steaks going, was boiling carrots, had the steak on a mini grill behind me, and garlic bread warming up in the oven. I have so much fun baking and doing four or five things at once. It gives me so much satisfaction to be so busy, then to have everything made and cleaned up after, then being able to call Alex to a dinner that I prepared for him. Now I just need to work on getting a menu together a bit sooner than a few hours before the meal.
Alex tends to eat a bit more than me :)

1 comment:

  1. I have the same issue of trying to figure out dinner when I need to start cooking...but it is an awesome feeling to have a great balanced home cooked meal to put on the table (i usually do casseroles, not quite the same thing)

    ReplyDelete