Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A fast talker.

 I discovered that prednisone gives me a three to four hours burst of energy, and it makes me very talkative. So if you don't like reading long, rambling posts written by someone who isn't even sitting still...read no further.

 I was worried after talking to my sister over the weekend because when she found out what the doctor had prescribed for the swelling in my neck she reminded me how my siblings had acted when they were given prednisone. They both became terribly mean and irritable, and downright hateful because of how it affected them. So, I warned Alex and told him that if I started being too grumpy or whiny that he should let me know, because I really didn't want to be that way. Imagine my happy surprise when after I took it, instead of being mean and sulking, I wanted to go, go, go. Alex even mentioned how much I was talking, and he is the person that I am the most comfortable talking to at any time! On Sunday it was almost physically painful to sit still through the church service, I had to bounce my leg up and down to just use up some of the energy, and my hands were actually shaking. At least my neck is feeling better!

 Yesterday I decided to put the unavoidable jitters and hyperness to good use. Alex and I were given a practically new queen size mattress and box springs. But, accepting them meant we had to re-arrange at least the master bedroom. You see, when I moved to here in town near Alex, my sister and brother-in-law were also moving -but they moved across the country- and they gave Alex and I the furniture they didn't need or want to take with them. Which means that once we got married and I moved in with Alex we had no less than four twin mattress sets and bed frames. We had two in the spare room, one in our room, and put one in our outside storage closet. After about two nights of us trying to share a twin size bed we went and found a full size mattress set at a thrift store, and so another twin set was put out in storage. We sent one mattress to the dump it was so beaten up, and left two box springs and one mattress set up in the spare room.

 Anyway, yesterday we went to our upstairs neighbor and asked him if he had any need or want for a mattress set. He jumped on the idea and even offered us money! We told him we were just happy to get them out of our storage, so in about 5 minutes we had gotten rid of one of the extra twin sets. He even told us he had just been talking to someone yesterday afternoon telling them he needed to find a new bed. We thought about offering one to our next door neighbors, but it felt to us like we would be condoning the idea that they sleep together even when we know they aren't married...even though them having a quieter mattress would give us more peace of mind...it's really a catch-22. But we decided not to offer them one.

  Back to the re-arranging subject though...we ended up moving the full size bed to the spare room, the queen size to our bedroom, and I'm still in the process of switching around all the surrounding furniture so that the rooms feel comfortable and roomy, but we still have all the dressers, desks, chairs, and end tables we need. Some of the extras have even spilled into the living room for the time being. It hasn't been easy! If anyone knows of someone who wants a twin size mattress set and frame, or an end table, or even some clothes or girly smelly lotion stuff just let me know! I have so much to finish going through...which means I should probably stop typing and go work on it....

PS, to anyone that I may have sent a long rambling text message the size of a short novel I apologize! Alex is at school all day and I have no one else to talk to! Hehe

2 comments:

  1. you know, (I realise this is terribly hard) some of that girly smelly lotion stuff could be generously donated to the local dump. :D The other stuff you can list on Craigslist...

    I think it's great that you've been Miss Chatty Cathy! :D Have fun burning up your energy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I did throw away a few things. it's so terribly difficult! Not that I would ever need to keep ticket stubs from Alex and I flying out there for our wedding...And I think Alex mentioned listing a few things on craigslist.

    Hehe, thanks! It has been fun so far. A very interesting experience to be sure.

    ReplyDelete