Thursday, April 28, 2011

The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Have I mentioned yet just how much I enjoy baking? I especially like making desserts, I guess it's another type of art form for me and I love to try new things. Some turn out good, others turn out not so good. And some of them? They just turn out ugly. Things such as:
Apple pie-good
Underdone cake with runny frosting -bad
Brownies? Ugly!

Strawberry shortcake (one of my all time favorites)
Burnt cookies -bad and ugly!


Okay, so I guess I don't take pictures of all the bad ones..or maybe I really don't have that many. You decide ;)
Orange caramel pecan rolls.


Chocolate bread! A Christmas tradition in my family

Apple bread.

This was an experiment! Butternut squash maple cheesecake. Outcome? Success!

The start of a raspberry cobbler, it was just so shiny!

White cake with fluffy brown sugar frosting and toasted pecans

Banana split dessert...a summer favorite of mine.


Sour cream chocolate coffee cake.

Spice cake with brown sugar frosting and nutmeg.

4 comments:

  1. Mmm! I still think that cake looks like you poured paint on it. :P And, I'm glad you posted the name of the frosting, I've been trying to remember what it was you always put on the spice cake. :D
    Everything looks so yummy! (Except for the burnt cookies, that is)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm... they all sound good but my fave is the ugly brownies, especially warmed-up with hot fudge and coffee ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh now you've gone and made me hungry with your pictures! I was going to be a good girl and eat a light breakfast...now it's cookie-cupboard-raid-time. :) Seriously, good job with the baking. Lots of people haven't a clue how to do any of it...but despite occasional problems ( :P ) looks like you've got it quite well figured out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that cake looks terrible Heidi :P Glad you think everything else looks good though!

    Mmmm, ice cream and hoot fudge sounds sooo good right now!

    Hehe, so sorry Elisabeth! I hope you find some good cookies! if not I have some that I need to share. And thank you! I have had quite a bit of practice now, I'm very blessed to have been taught to start baking at a very young age.

    ReplyDelete