Thursday, April 21, 2011

What if?

 I tend to have a very wild imagination, sometimes to my own detriment. If something is going wrong I tend to assume the worst, especially about myself. Well, Tuesday night I developed a bit of a sore spot on the back of my head, right above the hairline at my neck felt like it had been hit, like there was a bruise forming. I didn't think much of it then, but yesterday it was worse, and painkillers didn't seem to help. By bedtime I also had what seemed like a very tight, swollen spot just under and behind my right ear, and suddenly I started thinking about all the things that could be wrong, and what might happen, etc. Now, my sweet husband is definitely not a fan of "what if?"s but I went to bed thinking about them. I had one song in particular running through my head: "If Today Was Your Last Day" by Nickelback. I fell asleep thinking about what would happen if today was my last day? I was thinking about how I would want to be remembered, what I want to be known for. Are you interested in knowing what I thought of? Well, keep reading, I decided I would share.

  I want to be known for my unwavering stance for God's Truth and what is right, no matter what it costs me. I want to be known as someone who is always willing to help and always willing to listen, but not afraid to step up and tell you if something you are doing is wrong -wrong according to God's Word- and that you need to change. I want to be remembered as someone who tried to make positive changes, someone who was never content to not do my best.

So, with that in mind, I think there are some changes I could and should be making...

Meanwhile, please head, stop feeling like this?

2 comments:

  1. Now that's inspiring!! Hope you guys have a joyful Easter!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thank you Melissa! I hope you and your family have a wonderful day of celebrating Christ too!

    ReplyDelete