Saturday, March 19, 2011

I still care.

 Sometimes it hurts to care so much about other people. Those times when someone briefly touches my life, but not in a positive way. Those people who are obviously so lost, who try to appear as if they don't care. Who try to make it seem like they have life by the horns and are enjoying every minute of the ride. For seem reason I never see them that way though, I see someone who is hurting and maybe not even admitting it to themselves. For example, the guy who flipped Alex and I off yesterday while trying to pass us on a busy section of highway. I don't even know how to explain it...I guess I just wonder what would make someone get to that point that they are so flippant and do crude/mean things. That they don't even stop to think about the impression they'll leave on someone they don't even know. *sigh*  I don't know if I'm even making sense at this point.

I also want to help people I do know. I want to befriend people, to just be there for them, to be someone who is willing to just listen, to be able to give advice if asked for it, etc. But there are many times when I get ignored or brushed over. It hurts having to see people I love hurting themselves -and the people who love and care about them- and not knowing how to do anything to stop it. I want to help, I want to fix things, I want to change things. But I don't know what to do...sometimes it hurts to care so much, but I still care.

2 comments:

  1. You know, those people who want you to believe they have life by the horns and are enjoying every minute of it, quite often are the very same people that are hurting so bad they can't stand it. Very insightful on your part! *hugs* I love you!

    ReplyDelete