Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Restless

I am in such a restless mood tonight! I've had no energy all day, and just felt very tired...probably due to not feeling quite myself the past few days and a weekend of very late nights. But now it's 12 o'clock at night and I want to get something done. Oh, I'm not saying that I didn't get anything accomplished today. Even though Alex and I slept in rather late, we got his car cleaned out (which has been our list of things to do for a month or more) and will probably get it vacuumed sometime this week. I got the apartment cleaned up, and my last load of laundry is in the dryer as I'm typing this. I just keep jumping from one thing to the other. I tried to watch an old movie with Frank Sinatra in it, but stopped it less than half way through. I tried writing in my journal, but after a page worth my mind just seemed to go blank and I couldn't think of anything worthwhile to add. Saturday I bought an adorable dress that almost has a 50's retro look to it. White polka dots on black fabric, it has a fitted bodice with a v-neck and rounded collar, full circle skirt, and deep pockets on the front. It even came with a cute shiny black belt. The trouble is, that this dress is not shaped for me. I have sewn before and I figured it wouldn't be much of a problem to take in the sides and back a little, and take up the shoulders a few inches. Silly me. I have no idea what I'm doing, I can't pin the shoulders evenly while it's on me, and I'm not really liking how I look in it. *sigh*

So, now I'm sitting here drinking plain mint tea and listening to music. I still have no idea what to do...though I should probably just go to bed.

4 comments:

  1. Aww! Bring the dress with you when you come to visit, and we'll get it ship shape for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was gonna post something here but I feel a blog post building... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh* i know the feeling...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Heidi! I'll do that as long as I haven't ruined it trying to fix it on my own by then...

    Looking forward to reading the blog post then!

    Bummer, tis no fun Erin.

    ReplyDelete