Saturday, February 12, 2011

I love you a latte!

Chai latte. It seems to be my favorite drink recently! I know that water is better for me, but I usually find water so boring. I don't know who I have to blame for my new chai craze, perhaps the local coffee franchise for having it as their monthly special a while back? However, instead of spending $3.50 to $4 every time I want one, I learned how to make them on my own. First, I steam -or microwave- a cup of milk, and then I steep the teabag directly in the milk. I have an organic chai that is made with black teas, ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, cardamom, and a few other spices. I have found that vanilla chai is milder, and I may prefer it. Once the milk turns a light brown color I add a few teaspoons of honey, and some vanilla flavored coffee syrup then sprinkle the top with nutmeg. It only takes a few minutes, and I love sipping on my latte while reading a good book :)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds perfectly delicious, Sadie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! I just might have to make myself one. I like your coffee mug! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm so thrilled to be able to make it at home. Such a money saver!

    I think you might like it Heidi, it doesn't really taste like tea. Hehe, thanks! One of my best friends got it for me about a year back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chia tea with milk and sugar, just might have to try this.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete