Monday, February 14, 2011

What to-do?

I have a never ending to-do list that I keep in my head, and I rather like it that way. However, there comes a point when I forget to get things done and I start running behind on things that involve other people! It's terrible, I know. For example, I told my mom almost a month ago that I would send her pictures of the apartment that Alex and I share, but I haven't even taken any pictures yet! I think that tomorrow I will most certainly try to get that done. What do you think? Do you want to see our lovely home? I might just post pictures on here..

Cleaning out my purse was a very daunting task, I think it weighed about five pounds! I managed to go through it earlier though. Here's what I found :

~ 5 chapsticks, 2 lipglosses, 3 lipsticks (Oddly enough I pretty much only ever wear chapstick)
~ A black headband, 2 hair ties, 2 bobby pins, a barrette, a hair clip, and hot pink clip-in hair
~ A full-sized hairbrush
~ A compact mirror
~ A toothbrush
~ Daily vitamins
~ A necklace and a gem from an earring
~ A pack of tissues
~ A box of tic tacs and a pack of gum
~ 5 pens, 2 sharpies, and a pencil
~ A pad of paper
~ A wrist/thumb brace
~ 2 snowflake cutouts
~ A sewing kit
~ 2 iPods
~ My glasses (I was wondering where those went!)
~ A pink lighter
~ A pink pocket knife
~ My billfold
~ My keys
~ Gum and chocolate kisses wrappers.

I think it's a good thing I went through it!

I have other things on my to-do list too: Work on becoming better at meal menus and budgeted grocery shopping, start working on my sketches again, start practicing my violin again, journal more often, become a better wife, sister, daughter, and friend, get my driver's license...

What about you, do you have a mental list of things you want to work on?

8 comments:

  1. Definitely!!

    In the next six months here's my list..

    - Move out of state
    - Settle my son in a new preschool
    - Get my licence also!!

    I can't believe all the things that were in your bag!! I dont have a handbag but for the last 5 and a half years I've had baby bags and I think I'd find a whole lot of my mess in them!! Magazines, bills that sort of thing :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I don't even have a purse that I carry regularly... But I think you have it covered for the both of us ;) Doesn't it feel great to get things organized? Hmm... the only thing on my mental list today is get caught up on journaling! Love you, Sadie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's why I went to a smaller purse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good list Melissa! Hehe, I'm terrible about what I put in my purse. I tend to forget about things I have in there too.

    Lol, I probably do Laura! Let me know if there's anything you need me to add in case you need it ;) It is great to have thing sorted through and organized though! I have to work on it a bit at a time. I need to catch up on my journaling too! Love ya too Laura! *hugs*

    Alex got me my purse for Christmas :) It's rather large, but I like it, he knows my tendency to think I need to carry around more stuff than I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh!
    I missed the part where you asked for our to-do's.
    Mine is simple these days: Finish my chores and work on thank you notes

    ReplyDelete
  6. :D Simple is good! Easier to remember, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also a "have a ton of stuff in my handbag" kind of person, so I am currently admiring you effort!! :D

    My to-do list: get better at waking up on time, learn to put others first more often, and not leave preparing for youth group to the last day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. don't think you really want to hear my 'to-do' list, it is rather lengthy :)
    erin

    ReplyDelete